Barrel wall clock
Mahogany case; painted metal dial; thick glass cover
Roman numerals on face; none others visible
According to the 1922 inventory carried out by Hampton and Sons of St James's Square, this clock is by J W Benson. Dial clocks came into use around 1850, so this clock was probably an original fitting of the New Club House. Indeed J W Benson was operating out of Ludgate Hill around 1850.