David Garrick Roundel
Minton, Hollins & Co.
"DAVID/ GARRICK/ ACTOR/ LIVED HERE/ B.1716/ D. 1779" and "ERECTED BY THE SOCIETY OF ARTS" around the outside within the boarder.
It is unknown how this item was saved from the demolition of the Adelphi terrace. It was bought by the club in 2016, from the autioneers Wolley & Wallis in the Salisbury saleroom. It had previously been in the ownership of Leslie Goodey OBE.
Brown/red encaustic stoneware roudel, inlaid with white lettering, of one of the earliest types made by Minton, Hollins & Co for the Society of Arts. Initially erected onto Garrick's riverside home at No 5, Adelphi Terrace in 1876: removed before the building was demolished in 1936.